School ExperienceAn essential part of preparing to apply for teacher training is gaining voluntary or paid experience in schools, working with pupils in the age range you wish to train to teach. Experience in the classroom helps strengthen your application for teacher training.
UNDERTAKING THE SCHOOL EXPERIENCE PROGRAMME CAN HELP WITH:
- Deciding if a career in teaching is right for you.
- Discovering if you’d prefer to teach primary or secondary.
- Building a relationship with a school you may wish to work at in the future.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During the day, you’ll get to:
- observe lessons
- See the rewards and challenges of teaching in today’s classroom first-hand
- experience how teachers manage a classroom
- find out how specific subjects are taught
- speak to teachers and meet pupils
- learn more about teacher training - including the application and interview process
- Have the opportunity to ask those all important questions about the profession
HOW LONG DOES THE SCHOOL EXPERIENCE LAST?
Your school experience will be for 1 day, and will follow a timetable similar to below:
- 9am - Arrive
- 9:10am - Welcome to Lionheart Teach
- 9:40am – The school day, how to observe lessons and a tour of the school
- 10:30am – Comfort break
- 10.50am - Lesson 1 (across different Key stages)
- 11.40am - Lesson 2
- 12.30pm - Lunch and feedback discussion about what they have observed
To find out more, and apply please get in touch